Friday, February 6, 2009

The Media and Branding

So when it comes to the media, I'm more of a computer/internet person. I'd like to think that, this means that I'm not exposed to all the commericials and ads as a person who watches TV all the time, but sadly that is not the case. Anywhere you go online, you get ads about all sorts of products. From my yahoo mail box, for instance, I can see ads about Quicken online payroll, Equifax ID control, Ookisa hair products, the University of Phoenix, etc. Something else I'd like to mention is all online video sites, minus youtube. Just yesterday, we were complaining that every video we watched on hulu.com had the same commercial in front of it. Although it seems annoying, it's actually a good method of advertising because it sticks in your brain. So yes. I would leave a link for this but if you want an example of what I'm talking about....go to www.hulu.com or www.nbc.com and watch a video. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment