Saturday, March 7, 2009

Genetically Modified Foods

GMO's are definitley intriguing. They seem to be the perfect solution to the world's problems, yet a lot of people completely disagree with the concept of GMO's.
In my opinion, if we can make plants retain more water, produce bigger fruits, etc, why not?
Several people have a problem with destroying the "natural qualities" of the plant. I'm pretty sure they're not going to have that problem when food shortages become a problem.
We've abused too many of our resources before, only to realize the problems now. Water and Coal are just a few. Do we really want to mess with food too? Why can't we realize the problem in advance and fix it?
I was wondering what some of the costs of GMO's were, so I looked it up. The article below gives a whole list. Besides the safety issues, the others seem like bogus to me.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Why do the others seem bogus? Or which one seems particularly bogus?

    ReplyDelete